Friday, July 23, 2010

Welcome to Our New Library Media Center Blog

Hi, everyone!  Welcome!


The purpose of this blog is to inform parents and students of activities happening in our school library media center.  I have several aims I hope this blog will accomplish.


First of all, I want as many people as possible to be aware of and involved in the library media program at Brookhaven.  After all, this school belongs to our community.  I want to make sure that the library media center is meeting our collective needs.  Input from parents and students is essential for me to know how well the program is meeting our needs.


Second, I want the parents and the community to have "insider" knowledge of the activities of the media center.  I want you to know about whatever contributions the library media program makes toward furthering your and your child's education.  It's about more than recommending good reads and checking  out books!


Next, I want to tell you about features of our library system that will make using the library better for you.  Did you know each student can create his own login and write book reviews online?  A personal login also allows students to request books and to keep track of materials checked out.


Finally, I want to give back.  This fall I will begin my 15th year at Brookhaven Elementary.  I am well aware of and grateful for the support I have received from students and parents, as well as from teachers and the administration.  The very least I can do is communicate with you the goals and dreams I have for our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign the Declaration