Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ready for Monday Morning?

As we all know, Monday starts a new school year. Am I ready? Well, there are always more tasks to complete, more items to perfect, but I am pleased to report that the library will be ready for business first thing Monday morning.

My focus for collection development this year was finding chapter books that are appropriate for students making the transition between easy readers and more sophisticated children's novels.  Looking through the cartons of books that arrived Thursday, I believe these students will have a wide variety of materials to choose among. While all these new books won't be available on Monday, most should be ready by the end of our first week of school.

I hope parents will have a chance to visit the library during open library nights or during our open house on September 9.  Lots a hours went into the decorating for this year's theme.  Lots of credit for the decorations go to kindergarten paraprofessional Doretta Malone and grandparent volunteer Nancy Conners.

I also hope to find parents (or grandparents) who would be interested in volunteering an hour or so one morning or afternoon each week. Volunteers can run the circulation desk, shelve and repair books, update the AR points display and a number of other tasks. Those who would like to help but are unable to be at school during the day can help in other ways, such as writing book review or preparing date due cards.  Email me and let me know how you would like to help!

I am looking forward to seeing all our students on Monday.  I think we are going to have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign the Declaration